Thank you Silvia (The Lesson of the Cherry Blossom) for nominating me the Leibster Award!
“Leibster” means “dearest” in German, and there are many versions of the Leibster Award. The most original one seems to have been that the award is passed on to 10 other bloggers who have a readership/followers below 200. This is a fantastic way to connect with other bloggers and also gives something to write about (for those of us who occasionally suffer writer’s block).
Here are my answers to the 10 questions provided by Silvia:
1. What would your favourite day be like?
That would be a day spent with friends whom I appreciate and who understand the whimsical side of me. Or just put up with it. Also having them agree to having their pictures taken means bonus happiness.
2. Do you have any amazing talent?
Hopefully blogging illustrations will help me develop what talent I have and shape it towards something cool.
3. What is your favourite dessert?
Anything involving Oreos. Oreo cheesecake would definitely be a favourite. Also, Helados Jauja on Lygon St. Is my favourite place to hang out with great people and splurge on the best gelatos in Melbourne.
I believe in miracles.
5. What is your favourite childhood cartoon?
Scooby-Doo, though I always had nightmares afterwards. Guess that reflects my love for my guilty pleasure mystery novels.
6. If you could go anywhere, where would you go and why?
Can I choose 3? No? Too late. The Netherlands, Indonesia and America. There are people there I want to spend time with, namely family.
7. Three reasons why people should read your blog.
-It’s different. How many blogs are about life AND have personally drawn illustrations? Ok, ok, maybe I’m not the only one, but…
-Soon there will be a link to an Etsy store. I think that’s reason enough, no?
-And an additional reason: this blogger is still figuring it out. Read her journey. Join her. Laugh with her. Inspire and be inspired.
8. What do you want to be when you grow up?
I want to be talented, peaceful, happy, inspiring, open minded but resolved, morally firm but tolerant, a good role model, successful but humble, polite but witty. A teacher. Or Mary Poppins.
9. All time favourite movie
Disney’s Atlanis: The Lost Empire and The Great Debaters.
10. What inspires you to write/blog?
The possibility that I might touch someone, make them think, feel, laugh uncontrollably, cry, or even just smile a little. If anything on the blog can make anyone believe again that there is goodness and joy in the world, then I guess that’s a mission complete.
Here are my 10 nominees for the Leibster award:
- A Hopeful Doc http://www.hopefuldoc.com
- May K. http://maykayart.wordpress.com
- Fashion Lab Ratz http://fashionlabratz.wordpress.com/
- Viktoria http://vik1224605.wordpress.com
- Amel http://amelstrange.wordpress.com
- Jill Bobby http://jillbobbyblog.wordpress.com
- Joses http://ground000.wordpress.com/
- Daniela Z http://morbidellaz.wordpress.com/
- Rosa de los Vientos http://miradab.wordpress.com
- Laurelandlily http://laurelandlily.wordpress.com
Here are your 10 questions:
- What is your current favourite quote?
- Name 2 people, real or fictional, who inspire you.
- Favourite breakfast to wake up to?
- Are you an early or late riser? i.e. normal or nocturnal.
- What do you aspire to do with your blog?
- Do you ever write New Year’s Resolutions (I don’t)? Why or why not?
- What is your favourite brand of stationery?
- What is your favourite city in the world?
- Do you prefer art on digital media or traditional media or both?
- What is your passion in life or motivation to do what you do?
Now answer them, nominate 10 other bloggers with a readership of less than 200 for the Leibster Award, and prepare 10 questions for them! And don’t forget to link back to the person who nominated you (read: Naomi Sutanto)! ^_^